Friday, April 25, 2014

Almost Home!

Okay, we still have one night, a seven hour plane ride, and a two hour limo ride, but we are still almost done. Don’t get me wrong this trip has been lovely, to say the least, but when you are ready to be home, you are ready.

Stressful at times? Absolutely.

Worth it? Undoubtedly.
 

11: Hotels.

  1. Raddison Blu – Antwerp, Belgium
  2. Marriott – Paris, France
  3. Hilton – Antwerp, Belgium
  4. Marriott – Amsterdam, Netherlands
  5. Marriott – Ghent, Belgium
  6. Hotel Draak – Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
  7. Hotel Sofitel – Luxembourg, Luxermbourg
  8. Schengen Castle – Luxembourg, Luxembourg
  9. Marriott – Brussels, Belgium
  10. Sheraton Airport – Bruseels, Belgium
  11. That one hotel we stayed at for about 25 minutes because I was silly enough to let my husband book a room there without my approval and it turns out it was a MONASTARY. (oh, I didn’t tell you about that one? JUST WAIT.)

7: H+M's.

What?! H+M is my favorite store and they are as common over here as dunkin donut’s back home. I knew I had been to the store a few too many times when I went in the last time in Brussels and kept picking out things I had already purchased this trip. Oops.

6: Weeks.

It got a little too long here at the end, I think we would plan for closer to a month next time.

5: Countries.

Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, and a quick drive through Germany, since our planned weekend away there was changed up last minute. I would really only count this as 4 countries, but I want Theo to get Germany credit since Hank spent a few days there last year. Yes, I am all about fairness ;)

4: Family Members.

I am not a cheesy person by nature, really, I am not. I am more of a laugh-at-other-people’s cheesiness BUT my family melts my frozen heart. (crap I just said the F-word – Hank is going to want to watch the movie now!) Anyways, my family is amazing. Removing ourselves from the daily routine and spending all this time with just each other is great break. Sure, I had moments where I went for a run just to get away from them all for a little while, but ultimately I loved the quality time. Love, love, loved it. Okay, cheesy over.

3: Castles.

Steen Castle <- link- Antwerp, Belgium.
We visited this one a few times, as it is open all day and you pass through it to get to the boardwalk.
Gravensteen Castle <- link - Ghent, Belgium.
We explored the whole thing and it was a complete blast. Definitely our favorite one!
Schengen Castle <- link - Schengen, Luxembourg.
We spent a night here. Our room was awful, the restaurant was amazing, and the grounds were gorgeous.

2: Brothers.

Oops, more cheesy coming. I am not sure if it is Theo’s increased mobility, his intense desire to play with his big brother, or just being each other’s only playmates, but my sweet boys have been loving each other quite a bit on this trip. This is the best thing in the world. The best. Did I say the best? Because it is!

1: Medical Emergency.

Navigating a foreign emergency room with a 104 fever-ed toddler was NOT in the plan. Luckily, the process was easy and biggie is feeling much better since that day!
 
So, for now we are at the airport hotel doing nothing until we leave. Nothing, as in room service for every meal and allowing Hank to watch a negligent level amount of TV while I finalize packing and Brandon finishes up business things. Don't judge. Tomorrow morning we board our flight back to JFK!
 
Safe Travels,
Amanda
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. SUPER PARENTS! SUPER TRIP! I love seeing you all having such adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Peg! Love sharing it with lovely people like you! :)

      Delete